January 12, 2024 | 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM ET | Virtual Event
Hosted By: The Nonprofit Alliance Foundation’s (TNPAF) Leading EDGE Internship Program
Join fellow university students for inspiration, motivation, and
information on career opportunities in the nonprofit sector!
Student attendees will hear from various industry professionals representing nonprofit and nonprofit supporting organizations on what it’s truly like to work day-to-day as agents of change in the social good industry.
Walk away with a better understanding of:
- How to build a career working for causes like equity and social justice, climate change and environmental sustainability, economic issues of poverty and hunger, and mental health/wellness;
- A day in the life of industry professionals working in roles such as marketing and social media, public policy, IT, fundraising, and finance; and
- Tools and resources for finding the right nonprofit career for you.
Also featuring one-on-one meetings with industry mentors to help answer some of your career-related questions and offer advice!
2024 Program Schedule
10:30am Session 1: Careers in equity & social justice, climate change & environmental sustainability, economic stability/poverty/hunger, and mental health & wellness.
- Keesha Ceran, Associate Director at Teaching for Change
- Nina Stein, Investment Analyst at The Nature Conservancy
- David Mallory, Director of Annual Giving & Community Engagement at Whitman-Walker Foundation
- Erika Debrick Kelly, Chief Government and External Affairs Officer at Meals on Wheels America
11:30am Student Town Hall Discussion
12:00pm Session 2: One-on-one meetings with mentors in fundraising, marketing, social media, government affairs, and operations. MUST BE REGISTERED TO RECEIVE AND RETURN THE SIGN-UP FORM BY JANUARY 5.
- Dustin Kight, Senior Vice President at M+R
- Monica Muten, Senior Director, Direct Response Marketing at Special Olympics
- Preeti Desai, Senior Director, Social Media & Storytelling at National Audubon Society
- Mark Micali, Vice President, Government Affairs at The Nonprofit Alliance
- Diane Renaud, Executive Director & CEO at St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher Center
Learn More About Leading EDGE
TNPA’s Leading EDGE Internship Program aims to elevate the visibility of college-age job candidates, particularly those in underrepresented and first-generation student populations, within the employer job market; and enable first job placements that can lead to a career path in the social good sector, including roles in marketing & fundraising, finance, policy, data management & analysis, and other operations fields.
Watch the Recordings!
2024 Speaker Bios
Top 5 Reasons
Check out the Top 5 Reasons to
Start YOUR Career in Nonprofit!
Email Shelby Truxon,
Director of Internship Experience