Join Our Team
About Working Here: We are a small but mighty staff, operating day-to-day in a start-up culture – where start-up means “figure it out!” and the opportunity to create something new and better. Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited PTO. We require that you take off at least 10 days per year.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits and life insurance plan.
- Convenient downtown DC location, one block from Metro Center.
The Nonprofit Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and able to meet the physical requirements present in a typical office environment, with reasonable modifications.
The Membership Director, a newly created position, will report into the CEO in leading the growth of The Nonprofit Alliance (TNPA), with responsibility for overall recruitment and retention of members, and will create a program that sets TNPA apart as the community for nonprofit organizations and their strategic partner companies.
Three (3) or more years of experience in membership recruitment and retention within a trade association or other membership-based organization, successful experience as a major gifts officer, or equivalent successful business development. Experience with the nonprofit sector is required. Excellent communication skills; strong organizational skills; ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty; proficiency in Microsoft Office and AMS and/or CRM database system(s). Some travel required.
- Develop and implement campaigns and initiatives to increase membership.
- Actively seek out new members. Research and identify member prospects, establish rapport, and demonstrate exceptional stewardship values and skills.
- Identify opportunities to attract members and increase visibility; develop and execute recruitment programs with support from the Membership Communications Manager (staff) and Membership Committee (volunteers).
- Support an inclusive, open, and accountable membership framework.
- Identify “at risk” members and determine appropriate initiatives to retain members.
- Work closely with internal and association management staff to ensure the overall TNPA membership experience is of the highest quality and value.
- Involve and represent TNPA in relevant conferences and initiatives.
- Serve as spokesperson for the association as appropriate.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office. Remote employment may be considered.
To apply, please email an interesting and compelling cover letter, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNSHIP: GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
The Nonprofit Alliance is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual to work 10-15 hours per week as an intern during the spring 2020 semester. In this position, the intern will work closely with the Vice President of Government Affairs of The Nonprofit Alliance.
A current college student, or recent college graduate, with a strong interest in the congressional process and legislative issues.
- Analyzing legislation, particularly in the area of data and privacy, which impact the nonprofit community.
- Compiling and maintaining a master list of congressional data legislation impacting nonprofits.
- Stewarding donors and potential donors to The Nonprofit Alliance Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Participate in legislative meetings on Capitol Hill.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of “Capitol Hill Days,” when nonprofit executives fly in for a day of meetings on Capitol Hill.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining how this internship opportunity aligns with your career interests, along with your resume, to email@example.com.