Join Our Team
About Working Here: We are a small but mighty staff, operating day-to-day in a start-up culture – where start-up means “figure it out!” and the opportunity to create something new and better. Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited PTO. We require that you take off at least 10 days per year.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits and life insurance plan.
- Convenient downtown DC location, one block from Metro Center.
The Nonprofit Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and able to meet the physical requirements present in a typical office environment, with reasonable modifications.
DIRECTOR, PROGRAMS & COMMUNICATIONS
Posted: 13 August 2020
The Director, Programs & Communications, a newly created position, will report into the CEO and work collaboratively with the staff, board, and volunteers in leading the growth of The Nonprofit Alliance (TNPA) and The Nonprofit Alliance Foundation (TNPAF). Specifically, the Director, Programs & Communications will develop and lead new and existing program initiatives for TNPA members and the broader nonprofit community, with emphasis on community-building, thought leadership, and accountability for meaningful sector change; and will be responsible for creating and managing an ongoing cadence of member- and public-facing communications and marketing.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Track record of successfully organizing and leading programmatic initiatives, which may include educational/professional development offerings, coalition-building, benchmarking groups, and professional networking communities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- History of successfully building programs or initiatives from scratch, launching with your own ideas and the ideas of others.
- Comfort working independently and within a team, both in-person and virtual.
- Experience with a trade association or other membership-based organization is a plus.
- Develop year-round enrichment programs and content for members and prospective members of The Nonprofit Alliance, including virtual and in-person workshops and conferences and the soon-to-be-announced TNPA Essential Leadership Lab.
- Step up to drive new and emerging initiatives that support the evolving needs and interests of the TNPA community.
- Lead and manage planning, design, and segmentation for all email communications, including 3+ monthly newsletters, monthly legislative round-up, weekly jobs bulletin, weekly guest blog post promotion, and ad hoc promotions and action alerts.
- Coordinate Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook presence with social media agency team.
- Manage weekly guest blog post series, with focus on curating and publishing engaging and diverse perspectives from a variety of sector voices.
- Strengthen the association’s media voice through regular contributions to trade publications and outreach to mainstream media on topical nonprofit sector-related issues.
- Manage Marketing & Communications Committee, including all day-to-day business, committee initiatives, and member needs.
- Support Webinar Committee in developing a schedule of high-quality webinar programs across a variety of topic and interest areas.
- Work with Membership Manager to maintain and/or develop membership recruitment and retention materials, including our case for membership and member benefit promotions.
- Actively participate in Special Interest Networking Communities (SINCs).
- Involve and represent TNPA in relevant partnership initiatives, conferences, and member events.
- Serve as spokesperson for the association as appropriate.
- Flexibility and willingness to stretch. As with all small teams, opportunities and needs arise that do not fit neatly into any one person’s role, and responsibilities will evolve as the organization grows.
The Nonprofit Alliance is based in Washington, DC. Remote work candidates will be considered. Some travel will be required.
The nonprofit sector’s ability to change the world is not possible without diversity and inclusion. The Nonprofit Alliance is committed to filling this position from – and only with — a diverse pool of qualified candidates, and allowing ourselves the time to do so.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining your enthusiasm and exceptional qualification for this position, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.