Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. Our goal is to transform the life of every person impacted by a cleft lip or palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free, life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
• Wage Per Hour: $17
• Schedule: Full-Time
• Hours per week: 28 – 35
• Days Per week: 4 – 5
• Location & Type: New York, NY (hybrid remote/in-person)
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Social Media Intern at Smile Train, you’ll play a vital role in our expanding social media team. Your responsibilities will include analyzing data performance, nurturing community engagement as the primary point of contact across platforms, spearheading the development of fresh and innovative content, mastering the art of global health copywriting, and much more. This presents a thrilling and unparalleled chance to contribute to shaping the social media strategy of a well-established organization. So, come prepared with your bold ideas, creativity, and boundless enthusiasm!
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Community Engagement: Interact with followers by responding to comments, messages, and mentions, fostering a sense of community and building relationships with the audience.
• Analytics and Reporting: Monitor social media analytics to track performance metrics such as reach, engagement, and conversion rates. Provide insights and recommendations based on data analysis.
• Social Media Calendar Management: Assist in creating and maintaining a content calendar, ensuring timely and consistent posting across all platforms.
• Research and Trend Analysis: Stay updated on current trends and best practices in social media marketing, as well as trends specific to the organization’s industry or cause.
• Campaign Support: Aid in the execution of social media campaigns, including brainstorming ideas, creating assets, scheduling posts, and monitoring campaign performance.
• Collaboration: Work closely with other team members, such as graphic designers, copywriters, and marketing managers, to coordinate social media efforts and maintain brand consistency.
• Research and Outreach: Assist in identifying and reaching out to potential influencers or partners for collaboration opportunities to expand the organization’s reach and impact.
Qualifications and Skills
Proficiency with popular social media platforms, Knowledge of Canva or Adobe
Preferred Majors: Communications, Public Relations, Social Media Management
Preferred Degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
College Level: Sophomore, Junior, Senior
• Networking and professional development opportunities as part of TNPA’s Leading EDGE internship program
NOTE: Applicants will be contacted by TNPA and/or the employer. Please, no follow-up phone calls or direct contact with the employer on application status.
About Leading EDGE
This internship is posted by The Nonprofit Alliance’s Leading EDGE Internship Program. This program aims to elevate the visibility of college-age job candidates, particularly those in underrepresented and first-generation student populations, within the employer job market; and enable first job placements that can lead to a career path in the social good sector, including roles in marketing & fundraising, finance, policy, data management & analysis, and other fields.
We invite all students to learn more and help us create a thriving nonprofit sector that has the support, resources, and influence to make the world a better place. Visit TNPA.org/Leading_EDGE/ for more information.
The nonprofit sector’s ability to change the world is not possible without diversity and inclusion. The Nonprofit Alliance promotes equal opportunity by following EEOC regulations and EEO laws that apply to each part of our organization and taking actions to promote fairness and diversity as part of our equal employment opportunity policy. The Nonprofit Alliance does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotions, transfers, discipline, training, and distribution of benefits. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.