Moore is an innovation led company of 5,000 people and the largest marketing, data and fundraising company in North America serving the nonprofit industry. Some of our clients include Shriners Children’s, Feeding America, ASPCA, Wounded Warrior and Habitat for Humanity. We combine our strength in technology and unmatched industry expertise to provide clients with strategy, creativity, production, media, data, response management and analytic services.
• Wage Per Hour: $17
• Schedule: Full-Time
• Hours per week: 40
• Days Per week: 5
• Location & Type: Lanham, MD (Onsite/In-Person)
Responsibilities and Duties
Moore is seeking a motivated and self-driven IT Intern to join our team. You will support our IT department in providing technical assistance, maintaining computer systems, and configuring hardware and software. You will be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, assist with the implementation of new technologies, and provide training and support to team members. You will provide initial support via telephone and e-mail, as well as desk-side support, for all computer hardware, software, and peripherals. This includes providing support and troubleshooting enterprise software and services used by Moore and its companies.
Tier 1 Help Desk Support
• Provide support on Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365
• Configure email accounts in clients Outlook configuration
• Assist Users with Login Credentials
• Document, track, and monitor each incident to ensure a timely resolution.
• Log daily user support calls in helpdesk ticketing system.
• Administer user accounts in Active Directory.
• Follow established procedures and processes for computer maintenance.
• Assist in monitoring the performance and reliability of the company’s network infrastructure.
• Participate in routine network maintenance activities, including updates and patches.
• Work closely with the IT team to identify and troubleshoot network-related issues.
• Provide support for end-users experiencing connectivity problems.
• Work closely with other IT teams to ensure seamless integration of network services.
• Support the monitoring of security alerts and incidents.
• Collaborate with the IT Security team to investigate and respond to security events.
• Participate in vulnerability assessments and assist in identifying potential security risks.
• Contribute to the development of remediation strategies.
• Assist in the maintenance and optimization of security solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Windows 10 OS and MS Office 2013/2016 / Office 365.
• Working knowledge of VPN, remote access, and anti-virus technology.
• Working knowledge of building and repairing desktop and laptop PCs.
• Able to use a keyboard and video display terminal to enter, retrieve, and/or audit information and data on a continual basis.
• Able to perform in a fast paced, high-volume environment and able to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Majors: IT
Preferred Degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s
College Level: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
• Networking and professional development opportunities as part of TNPA’s Leading EDGE internship program
NOTE: Applicants will be contacted by TNPA and/or the employer. Please, no follow-up phone calls or direct contact with the employer on application status.
About Leading EDGE
This internship is posted by The Nonprofit Alliance’s Leading EDGE Internship Program. This program aims to elevate the visibility of college-age job candidates, particularly those in underrepresented and first-generation student populations, within the employer job market; and enable first job placements that can lead to a career path in the social good sector, including roles in marketing & fundraising, finance, policy, data management & analysis, and other fields.
We invite all students to learn more and help us create a thriving nonprofit sector that has the support, resources, and influence to make the world a better place. Visit TNPA.org/Leading_EDGE/ for more information.
The nonprofit sector’s ability to change the world is not possible without diversity and inclusion. The Nonprofit Alliance promotes equal opportunity by following EEOC regulations and EEO laws that apply to each part of our organization and taking actions to promote fairness and diversity as part of our equal employment opportunity policy. The Nonprofit Alliance does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotions, transfers, discipline, training, and distribution of benefits. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.